This project is read-only.

I have installed the DNN module, now how do I post content

Jul 30, 2011 at 5:51 PM

I have installed the AllNewsManager.net extension on my DNN 6.0 (DotNetNuke) site, and I am able to place the module on pages.  But, I'm not sure how to actually submit article content, or the access the admin area of AllNewsManager.  There is not currently a user manual for DNN 6, so I'm struggling to find where things are as it is much different than the previous version.

Can someone help me understand what I need to do to submit article content, and administer my new ANM installation on my DNN 6.0 site?

Thanks

Aug 1, 2011 at 9:31 AM

If you log in as host or admin, you should see administration page link on top of AllNewsManager.

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:25 AM

Max979

Thanks for your response. After I add the module to a page, I do not see an administration page link. If I add the ANM module to a page, then I have the Manage option, but there are no options for administration there either. I am using DNN 6.0. I tried going to Settings for the module, but there is nothing for administration there either. I have attached a screen shot of what I see.

Thanks,

Kimboecu1

Aug 3, 2011 at 8:53 AM

I don't see the screenshot.

The first time you install the module, only two users can see the link to the admin page: host and admin. After you can configure admin access to other users. Try the demo: http://dnndemo.allnewsmanager.net/dnndemo/Home.aspx?p=AllNews

Aug 5, 2011 at 4:32 AM
Edited Aug 5, 2011 at 4:54 AM

i looked at thedemo to see where the Admin link is supposed to be.  i do not have the link in my dnn installation.  i have logged in as both the Admin and as the Host user.  neither one has a link.  apparently, you can't do attachments in this fourm, so here's a link to a screen shot of what I see.  http://www.whatsupgreenville.com/anm.png

i uninstalled and reinstalled DNN using Web Matrix.  ANM was the very first module i installed after the DNN installation.  i wanted to make sure none of the other module affected it.

i really want to use ANM.  can you help guide me in what i can do to get access to the area where i can submit articles?

i am also having another issue.  if i chose to use on of the DarkKnight Standard Menu skins, like the 2 column right standard menu skin, on a page, and i insert the ANM module on that page, the "Manage" option for the modules on the page become unactive.  if i switch the page back to the mega menu skin, they become active again.  this happened on both installs of ANM.  is this a glitch that there is a fix for?

thanks!

Aug 5, 2011 at 7:26 AM

Never tested on dnn6, but you have to log in not as administrator or host, but with users called admin or host. Not administrator.

Your issue depends probably from some css conflict.

Aug 6, 2011 at 5:52 AM

Thanks for replying Max979. I created a new user, with a username of “admin”, not Administrator, and gave that user Administrator privileges. When I sign on as that user, there is still no Admin link.

Sent: Friday, August 05, 2011 2:26 AM
To: kim.reaves@thewebparlor.com
Subject: Re: I have installed the DNN module, now how do I post content [allnewsmanager:267163]

Never tested on dnn6, but you have to log in not as administrator or host, but with users called admin or host. Not administrator.

Your issue depends probably from some css conflict.

Aug 8, 2011 at 9:19 AM
kimboecu1 wrote:

Thanks for replying Max979. I created a new user, with a username of “admin”, not Administrator, and gave that user Administrator privileges. When I sign on as that user, there is still no Admin link.

very strange... if you can open the database, check the table anm_Authors. Should be a row admin in that table: author = admin, role = 1

Aug 9, 2011 at 12:47 AM

There were no records in the table. I added the account, and I now see the admin link. Thank you! Now I just have to figure out why when I use the DarkKnight 2 Column Standard Menu skin, the Manage options aren’t available on the modules on my pages. In the mean time, I’ll just use the skin that works.

If you have any ideas about the skin thing, please shoot them over to me.

Thank you again!

Kim

Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 4:20 AM
To: kim.reaves@thewebparlor.com
Subject: Re: I have installed the DNN module, now how do I post content [allnewsmanager:267163]

kimboecu1 wrote:

very strange... if you can open the database, check the table anm_Authors. Should be a row admin in that table: author = admin, role = 1