This project is read-only.

ASP Development server

Jul 7, 2011 at 11:53 AM

I am always having the same error message when I try to reach the page from within ms web developer express: "Error!!! Check the web.config connectionString or check you have the host name and credentials with DBO access to the database."

I followed every instruction on installation guide  but still I don't know what to do.I didn't touch the web.config file since it is already has the correct connectstring.Can you help me how to solve this on this issue

Many thanks in advance

Erdal

<script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[ var Page_Validators = new Array(document.getElementById("RequiredFieldValidator1"), document.getElementById("RequiredFieldValidator3"), document.getElementById("RegularExpressionValidator1"), document.getElementById("RequiredFieldValidator2")); // ]]></script> <script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[ var RequiredFieldValidator1 = document.all ? document.all["RequiredFieldValidator1"] : document.getElementById("RequiredFieldValidator1"); RequiredFieldValidator1.controltovalidate = "tbSiteName"; RequiredFieldValidator1.errormessage = "Required Field"; RequiredFieldValidator1.evaluationfunction = "RequiredFieldValidatorEvaluateIsValid"; RequiredFieldValidator1.initialvalue = ""; var RequiredFieldValidator3 = document.all ? document.all["RequiredFieldValidator3"] : document.getElementById("RequiredFieldValidator3"); RequiredFieldValidator3.controltovalidate = "tbMailServer"; RequiredFieldValidator3.errormessage = "Required Field"; RequiredFieldValidator3.evaluationfunction = "RequiredFieldValidatorEvaluateIsValid"; RequiredFieldValidator3.initialvalue = ""; var RegularExpressionValidator1 = document.all ? document.all["RegularExpressionValidator1"] : document.getElementById("RegularExpressionValidator1"); RegularExpressionValidator1.controltovalidate = "tbMailServer"; RegularExpressionValidator1.errormessage = "Insert a valid email"; RegularExpressionValidator1.evaluationfunction = "RegularExpressionValidatorEvaluateIsValid"; RegularExpressionValidator1.validationexpression = "^[a-zA-Z][\\w\\.-]*[a-zA-Z0-9]@[a-zA-Z0-9][\\w\\.-]*[a-zA-Z0-9]\\.[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z\\.]*[a-zA-Z]$"; var RequiredFieldValidator2 = document.all ? document.all["RequiredFieldValidator2"] : document.getElementById("RequiredFieldValidator2"); RequiredFieldValidator2.controltovalidate = "tbSiteUrl"; RequiredFieldValidator2.errormessage = "Required Field"; RequiredFieldValidator2.evaluationfunction = "RequiredFieldValidatorEvaluateIsValid"; RequiredFieldValidator2.initialvalue = ""; // ]]></script> <script type="text/javascript">// <![CDATA[ var Page_ValidationActive = false; if (typeof(ValidatorOnLoad) == "function") { ValidatorOnLoad(); } function ValidatorOnSubmit() { if (Page_ValidationActive) { return ValidatorCommonOnSubmit(); } else { return true; } } // ]]></script>

Jul 8, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Do you have full control on the the folder ? (right click with your mouse on the folder -> Properties -> Security -> Edit -> select Users and set Permissions).

Set the correct connection string with your dbname and check you have the host name and credentials with DBO access to the database. For example:

Go to sql management studio and execute this query

exec sp_grantlogin 'NT Authority\Network Service' 
use dbname
exec sp_grantdbaccess 'NT Authority\Network Service' 
exec sp_addrolemember 'db_owner', 'NT Authority\Network Service'

exec sp_grantlogin 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool' 
use dbname
exec sp_grantdbaccess 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool'

Remember to check Prerequisites:
Web Server with ASP.NET 3.5 or newer and IIS 7.0 or newer