This project is read-only.

Change anm layout in DNN

Dec 15, 2010 at 10:16 AM

Hi All,

I just installed the latest plugin for DNN and it works fine, I like it.

Currently I'm trying to make it blend in my website, adjusting colours etc..
By default the ANM plugin comes with a side column for categories etc.. I want to get rid of it, is this possible ?

Basically I only want to display the content and news items, no need for the side column, as this would make the content area to small.

Any help is appreciated!

Dec 15, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Meanwhile I found out how to do it.

I rewrote the CSS file (not that I'm a CSS expert ) but using the IE developers toolbar helped me alot)

I'm still strugling with 2 things:
1) there's some inline css in the page itself which I need to customize
=> <div id="dnn_ctr480_Default_Default1_anm_" class="anm" style="background-color:#;background-image:url(images/);width:100%;">
it's the 100% that's making my page look badly formatted, I would need to put it to 95%

2) I would like to customize the text underneath the module:
Powered by AllNewsManager.NET - Template by TimV
Page generated in 0.059 seconds
I don't want the template name to be referenced and I would like to put it at another spot

Can somebody point me in the right direction ? Are this database entries that need to be changed of can this be changed in some sort of file ?

Thanks upfront!

<!-- End_Module_480 -->
Dec 15, 2010 at 3:28 PM

Hi titus,

you can remove the side column in a easy way.

Go to admin page and uncheck some options:

- Enable SideMenu (in Categories settings)
and in Site Settings:
- Enable Validators
- Enable Last Articles Box
- Enable Last Comments Box
- Enable Search
- Enable ArchiveMenu
- Enable Tag Box

Now the side column will be empty and you need only to change the css to remove it completely.
In the css change:
.anmcontent { width: 100%; }
.anmsidebar { width: 0; }

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want to change the module width, you can go in the Admin Page -> Site Layout and change the option - Choose Site Width:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

To remove the template name, go to the Admin Page -> Templates, then click edit near your template and remove (leave blank) Author and author site.

Dec 16, 2010 at 10:24 AM

Thanks alot! this did the trick ;-)

The layout is starting to look good.
Any idea how I can customize the "Powered by AllNewsManager" line ? (make it smaller, place it elsewhere..)

And a last question, the subscribe button isn't working, the link to the RSS feed
The message I receive is:
Internet Explorer can not displaty this feed
A Normalization error occured

Thanks again for your support!

Regards,

Tim.

Dec 16, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Subscribe button should work, it generate a valid RSS feed. Do you have the same problem with other browsers ? Test your rss with validation button, maybe in your articles there is something...

Dec 16, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Hi Max,

I enabled the validators and my page is rss valid (and xhtml / css)
Very strange!

After some further testing, it appears that the problem only occurs on my own computer
when testing from a colleagues computer, the problem is gone (both in IE8 & Firefox)
(I cleaned cookies & cache..)

I remember when I clicked it the very first time, it worked. I don't know what changed meanwhile
It keeps telling me A normalization error has occurred (using internet explorer 8)