This project is read-only.

A critical error has occurred. The connection name 'SiteSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Sep 7, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Installation did not throw any errors, but when I add the module to a page I get:

A critical error has occurred.
The connection name 'SiteSqlServer' was not found in the applications configuration or the connection string is empty.

Any thoughts?

Sep 8, 2010 at 8:39 AM

Have you changed the connection string name in web.config ?

What version of dnn are you using ?

In web.config you should have something as:

<connectionStrings>
    <!-- Connection String for SQL Server 2005/2008 Express -->
    <add name="SiteSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=servername;Initial Catalog=dbname;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    <!-- Connection String for SQL Server 2005/2008
    <add name="SiteSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLExpress;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True;AttachDBFilename=|DataDirectory|Database.mdf;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>
        -->
  </connectionStrings>

<appSettings>
    <!-- Connection String for SQL Server 2005/2008 Express - kept for backwards compatability - legacy modules   -->
    <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Data Source=servername;Initial Catalog=dbname;Integrated Security=True" />
    <!-- Connection String for SQL Server 2005/2008 - kept for backwards compatability - legacy modules
    <add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=(local);Database=DotNetNuke;uid=;pwd=;"/>
    -->
  </appSettings>

Sep 8, 2010 at 5:00 PM

I'm not sure if it was changed or not - the site was set up by a third party.

I'm using v. 05.02.03.

The web.config reads

<add name="SiteSqlServer10" connectionString="Server=(local);Database=griffin;uid=-----;pwd=-----;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

and

<add key="SiteSqlServer10" value="Server=(local);Database=griffin;uid=-----;pwd=-----;" />

Thanks for your help.

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Maybe it was changed.

Edit the web.config and add a connectionstring SiteSqlServer

<add name="SiteSqlServer" connectionString="Server=(local);Database=griffin;uid=-----;pwd=-----;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

and

<add key="SiteSqlServer" value="Server=(local);Database=griffin;uid=-----;pwd=-----;" />