not able to install ALLNews Manager

Feb 14, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Dearthanks for the important scriptI fail to installed it in my local server to test first
this is my stepfirst I use sqlserver management studio and create data base under name newsand I used windows authentication mode- so no user and no pass wordand I edit the config file as shown<connectionStrings>    <add name="anmcs" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=news;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>     </connectionStrings>but when I run the instaliaton file I got thisError!!! Check the web.config connectionString or check you have the host name and credentials with DBO access to the database.please advice

Coordinator
Feb 14, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Are you using iis7 ?

Go to sql management studio and execute this query

exec sp_grantlogin 'NT Authority\Network Service' 
use news
exec sp_grantdbaccess 'NT Authority\Network Service' 
exec sp_addrolemember 'db_owner', 'NT Authority\Network Service'

exec sp_grantlogin 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool' 
use news
exec sp_grantdbaccess 'IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool'

now right click with your mouse on the db and select properties. Go to permission section and grant all to the users just added.

Now you should have no problem to install the application on your local machine.

Feb 15, 2011 at 5:44 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2011 at 7:29 AM

thank for your attention and your reply

i followed all the steps you wrote over but still up2now I got the same error

Error!!! Check the web.config connectionString or check you have the host name and credentials with DBO access to the database.
 yes I used iis7 with windows 7
and this my config file information

<connectionStrings>  

<add name="anmcs" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;Initial Catalog=news;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/> 

</connectionStrings>

can you help plz

also do you means i can change the connectionStrings to become like this

connectionString="Data Source=myServerAddress;Initial Catalog=myDataBase;User Id=myUsername;Password=myPassword;".

but what the password for the userid IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool

can you write for me the correct connectionString if my database name news

Coordinator
Feb 15, 2011 at 7:41 AM

if you are using sql server express, the connection string is ok. And if you granted the permissions to the users, should work.

Do you have full control on the the folder ? (right click with your mouse on the folder -> Properties -> Security -> Edit -> select Users and set Permissions).

Feb 15, 2011 at 7:46 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2011 at 9:19 AM

yes i have full control on the folder but the same error jumping-

I checked again my user to make sure the grant for all users done- but when I open effective i found that

IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool give me this message 

Could not obtain information abou Windows NT group/user 'ISS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPoll' error code 0xffff0001.

what the soulation in this case

Feb 19, 2011 at 6:07 AM

I checked again my user to make sure the grant for all users done- but when I open effective i found that

IIS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPool give me this message 

Could not obtain information abou Windows NT group/user 'ISS APPPOOL\DefaultAppPoll' error code 0xffff0001.

what the soulation in this case

May 23, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Can some body help i am trying to configure All news manager on IIS 6 but unable to do so.. every time i get same error.

Error!!! Check the web.config connectionString or check you have the host name and credentials with DBO access to the database.

my config file is also correct, same parameter i used on different application and it connected with database..

Please help me...

Jul 18, 2011 at 1:46 PM

I am getting the same error, and I'm using sql server connection.  I am using the correct connection string, and if I run the scripts through VS manually, they run fine and create the tables, but they WILL NOT run through the program.  It is setup with Network service full permission, Sql server account as DBO, and I'm at a loss at this point.  Can you please send me a script that will setup the remainder of the settings that the installer does?  This way I can manually get this thing going.  Thank you!!!!

<form id="form1" action="install.aspx" method="post">
</form>
Jul 18, 2011 at 1:53 PM

Just to be clear on that request, I've already run through the four installer .sql scripts that are included that create the tables, stored procedures, etc, without any problems.  It is the creation of the default account information that the install program does that I need to do at this point.  Thanks!! :)

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2011 at 7:27 AM
Edited Jul 20, 2011 at 7:28 AM

You don't need to execute the scripts manually, you have to navigate the page install.aspx

Try to open web.config and change:

customErrors mode="Off"

compilation debug="true"

Then open install.aspx.cs and remove try/catch. In this way you can get more information on the error.